Tuesday, April 01, 2008

International Doll Collection

When we travel anywhere out of the country I try to buy a doll or several (for granddaughters). In the first picture on top of the cabinet are three Haitian dolls and one Hmong doll. The Hmong doll (Laos) was given to me by some Hmong friends. The costume clothes were made by my friend, Pa. The picture showing the inside on the top shelf starts out with a doll from Belgium, then one from The Netherlands. The two dolls with large sombrero's are, of course, from Mexico. The black doll in the middle is from Brazil. Tip her over and she becomes a brown doll! There are small Oriental dolls, a Native American doll and skier from Finland. The bottom shelf starts out with a little boy and girl from Norway given to me by my mother. She is full blooded Norwegian and has been there to visit. Hopefully, I'll go there some day too. Next is a doll from Egypt; an Indian doll, Haitian, Japanese, Haitian; Indian (?); Chinese; and Tibetian. There are three in front made from corn husks from Paraguay. I have been to Thailand but somehow the dolls I bought there have all been given away! I love to give to little girls that I know will take special care of them! I have a Royal Canadian Mounted Policeman but he must be hiding! I can't see him in the picture. It's hard to see that this is a corner cupboard in the hallway next to the bathroom and guest bed room.
Jesus loves the little children! All the children of the world; red or yellow, black or white; they are precious in His sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your doll collection is so neat! There are so many different countries represented by your dolls. I really like where you put them on display. Its amazing to learn about all sorts of different cultures.

Where did you get that telephone? I love it! It looks like it is plugged in. Do you use it as a regular phone? The stuffed kitten on top of it is really cute.

Thanks for telling me about this blog post. :)