Thursday, April 17, 2008

Making Bags for the Adoption

Yesterday about 15 women gathered in the south fellowship hall of our church to make bags. I saw a segment on bags on the Today Show one morning just recently so they are in! These are going for a donation of $25.00 and all proceeds are going toward the adoption of Elmise and Armon, the two siblings in Haiti being adopted by Rob & Jessica. Most of the material has been donated, Jerry has made about 75 wooden buttons! Photo #1 is Joanne, #2 Shari, #3 is Mary, #4 is Bobbi, #5 is Mary holding up a bag that I made! There's a shop downtown selling them, Athelia's, plus orders are coming in. If you'd like to order one or would just like to help out the cause, let me know! It costs between 10,000 and 15,000 dollars to adopt from out of the country! Thank you, Lord, for the privilege of helping with this most worthy project. Please keep Your Hand upon Elmise and Armon while they wait to join their family here in the USA.





3 comments:

carole said...

Anita
I forgot that Bobbie G. attends your church. PLEASE tell her we said Hi... Does she have email? Tell her to check my blog...We were real close to them in 1979-86... And just the last few years at Hemans... Are they going to be at Hemans this year?? We have such a GOOD time?? You should come over and visit too... I also know H. and Mary.. Remember them from when we were members there. Tell her we also said HI.. I was surprised wen I saw their pictures.. Love your blog and pictures.. carole

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were making more bags. How nice that you got to participate. Did you pick out a couple of nice ones for us? With wooden buttons I hope.

Pastor Joy Ziegler said...

It's great to see everyone again! It is so great to see people coming together to help with this adoption. I wish that we could be involved. We miss everyone so much. Love you all!