Wednesday, April 09, 2008

My Mother

This picture is of my nephew, Chris, and my mother.
I haven't written any thing for a while because my mom (age 94) had a heart attaack and while it was a minor one at her age I know any thing can happen at any time. She said she's ready to go so when it happens I will rejoice knowing she's with Jesus and with my dad! But I'll still miss her and be sad. I love her. She's home from the hospital now but still having some problems. My nephew, Chris, surprised us all and arrived at the door yesterday morning! We were all so happy to see him. Chris is a pastor all the way up in Alaska! Last evening Mother didn't feel too well and seemed down hearted so Chris went to her and just showed her pictures and visited. Then he asked if she'd like him to pray with her. Oh yes! After he prayed he said he felt like there needed to be more done, so he asked if she'd like to have communion. OH YES! So we all gathered around her (Chris, Vel, Bill, Lisa, Justin, Jerry and me). Chris read the Bible in Ephesians 2:4-13 , and talked about what it means to each one of us. Then we all partook of the bread and wine (grape juice). It was so special and was meant to be. It meant so much to Mother. We could feel the Holy Spirit in our presence. Heavenly Father, thank you for loving us, for dying for us. Thank you for your grace and mercy. Thank you for Mother. Thank you for Chris. We know the time is coming when Mother will no longer be with us. Thank you for last evening and for meeting us there with Mother. I love you, Lord.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a special moment! I am so glad Chris thought of that and was able to do it.

Kate said...

How wonderful for you to all be there together to share and be strong together. I was thinking something was going on...you are so faithful with your blogging. Keeping you all close to my heart with love and prayers.

Pastor Joy Ziegler said...

Anita, What a special time that you can cherish forever. I will keep your Mother in my prayers as she recovers.

Shauna Archer said...

Thanks for sharing this very sacred and blest moment with us - wish we could have been there! A big HI to cousin Chris.