Saturday, February 19, 2011

New Friends

Last evening I had an amazing evening! I was invited to a Chinese supper at some friend's house, Bob and Consi. There were 10 Chinese students there cooking our supper in a hot pot! Have you ever had this? The pot is electric, there is a divider in the center so hot spicy is on one side and mild is on the other. More foods are added into the hot broth as they are taken out to eat. It's so hot even the meat cooked in a very few minutes!
These four girls are all preparing food to go into the hot pot. My friend, Consi, didn't have to do anything except set the table! Be sure to click on the pictures to see them up closer.
Here's most of the whole gang! Ten Chinese students, plus Consi and Bob and their daughter and son-in-law. You can see all the dishes of foods that went into the hot pot! We ate from the little individual bowls at each place. Everyone ate with chop sticks...I was handed a fork! It was a very fun time! I made new friends!
After supper I saw three of the students playing Candy Land with Dana, granddaughter of Consi and Bob! 
Happy Birthday, Bing! 


Andrew and his girlfriend! My two special friends. We had a very nice visit. 


Heavenly Father, thank You for my new friends. Thank You for the wonderful evening I had yesterday. It was a lovely evening. Thank You for the friendships Consi and Bob have made with these Chinese students. Thank You for giving me the privilege of being invited.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like fun!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

thanks for this nice post 111213

Kate said...

Looks like a whole bunch of fun...I love new foods and it is awesome when it is done for you!!

Carpenters said...

It was fun to read about your special hot pot dinner. Actually, Adam and I just went out to dinner tonight at a hot pot restaurant. It was delicious! It's my mom's last night here and she wanted us to go on a date and she babysat! Thanks for caring about us here in China! ~Rebecca (Krober) Carpenter