Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Journal

     Oh no, I wrote in Lorraine's birthday blog that we never argued or got mad at each other as children. But I've suddenly remembered one time! We weren't children any more. She was a young teenager and I was close behind. We were in the growing up phase of our young lives.
     We were living in our new house in Elk Run Heights, (Waterloo) Iowa. It was a small house. Lorraine and I shared a bedroom with a bunk bed. Lorraine had a nice dressing table with a pretty skirt tacked around the edge and a glass top, which fit the rounded edge perfectly. She usually slept on the top bunk but some reason I was on the top this particular night. Maybe I got to have a week on the top bunk...I really don't remember. 
     In the night or early in the morning, I had to get up and go to the bathroom. We had a way of climbing up to the top bunk but somehow in my sleepiness I stepped down onto her dressing table! It toppled over, the glass top breaking into several pieces! 
     I felt so badly. She was very upset and angry with me. I didn't mean to do it, but that didn't seem to matter. It was hers and I broke it.
     This is the only time I remember there being a bad feeling between us. 
     Lord, I thank You for my childhood, for my sister, for our very good relationship. Thank You for keeping me from getting badly cut and hurt from falling. I love You, Lord.

No comments: