Saturday, February 05, 2011

Journal

Here I am again...just thoughts going through my head. 
     I'm dog sitting this weekend. Rob's family has gone out of town to a wedding. Elmise is the flower girl! The bride is the person who led the children, after the Haiti earthquake, away from the orphanage to a safe place. Our Haitian friend, Magdala, braided Elmise's hair so she looked beautiful when they left here yesterday morning. Her hair should stay beautiful for several weeks! I don't quite get it...
     I covered our new sofa and chair so Plaid can't lay on our new furniture. I hope he's not offended! Rob's family will be back tomorrow afternoon. I take him for walks about four times a day so I'm getting good exercise and so is he. It's very cold out but I bundle up so it's not bad. This morning the air was so crisp and cold, it was invigorating! I loved it! It was just beginning to get light out, I took a cup of hot coffee with me... It was a good start to my day!
     Jerry has helped me rearrange the dining room! I like it, we're not quite finished but almost. We'll finish today. 
     Jerry's not feeling real good for some reason. I hope he gets over this real soon. It's not exactly fun for me either! Just kidding...
     Our snow plow man, John, is back from his vacation so with the next snow he'll plow us right out. He feels bad to have missed the big storm of the year! His wallet misses it too!
     A friend of mine suggested I save all my stories on my other blog, Anita's Adventures. Yesterday afternoon I copied and pasted and then printed out all the stories! It took several hours, but they are now in a nice neat notebook! I've written 32 and have lots more stories to write! It's nice to know she thought they were worth saving!
     Tomorrow we're having a super bowl, small group, chili supper! We're starting early so hopefully we can still have our discussion. It's a meaningful time so I'm sure we will if we can. It's going to be a fun evening. Jerry is going to make his delicious chili in the morning so it'll simmer all day, everyone will bring veggies, corn bread, desserts, etc. Hopefully we won't lose our cable like we did a couple of weeks ago when it was also a very big football day! 
     I must get busy now. So until next time...
     Heavenly Father, I praise You because You are always with us. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Forgive me for taking You for granted. Thank You for this day. Please touch Jerry so he'll feel better. Help me as I take care of Plaid and also finish my cleaning and rearranging. I love You, Father.

No comments: