Saturday, February 05, 2011

Dining Room


 This is my dining room after moving some things around. In the first picture, the china cabinet used to be on the wall where the two clocks are now. It just fit beside the window. So then I wanted the other China cabinet moved closer to the window on the other side. I think you can see what I mean in the last picture. To move the dark cabinet I had to remove all the china. I couldn't take the chance of a shelf falling. I have too many Bone China and precious cut glass. A lot of the Bone China came from my mother, but not all of it. The cut glass is true cut glass from a factory in Indiana. They were all given to us as wedding presents. So everything is changed in it. I took a picture of just the china. If you click on it you can see details.

This shows the two china cabinets on either side of the window. It gives the room a whole new look! 
Lord, thank You for my precious china and other valued pieces in my dining room. Thank You for all my blessings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi grandma! im sorry i cant write a blog its really overwealming i tried and tried but it says my moms email isn't good anymore and there saying i need to make a new one an di tried but then it all got lost and i can't! I need your help so ill wait for you. but i love your blog and i love your funiture and your house and most of all you and your personality! i love you. ~ sydney

Cheri said...

Anita,
I like, very much, how you rearranged your dining space. Putting the cabinets on each side of the window framed it very nicely; and then it really features your sewing machine as though it is a piece of sculpture now. Which, I really would say the way they used to make things so beautifully, that sewing machine IS a work of art.
Do you mind if I ask why the table is angled? It is pure curiosity. I can't really see the whole room, so I don't how you're using your space there. It looks very nice.
Cheri

pondering something said...

I like the changes you made and I love the table on an angle - I bet the room looks bigger. Is it easier to move around and get out to the sun room?