Friday, March 13, 2009

On My Way...

Okay, I'm almost on my way. We'll leave here about 4:45 AM tomorrow morning, Saturday, to go to the train in Flint. On to Chicago. A manicure Saturday evening with Pam! Then Sunday morning Pam and I will fly to Denver, rent a car and drive to where my mom lives. I'm so excited to see her again! I'm sure you can imagine. Monday is her birthday and a birthday party for her 95th birthday is in the works. I'm looking forward to also seeing my two brother's, at least one sister-in-law (one is in Arizona), a niece, nephew, and great-nephew. One of my best friends in high school, Janice, will also be there with her husband, Wayne. So it's going to be a fun time.

Heavenly Father, I Praise You because You are Sovereign. Forgive me when I'm filled with doubt and worry. Thank You for my mom. Thank You for giving her a good mind and a long life. Please be with her in these last few years of her life. Bless her with Your Presence. Please be with us as we gather in her honor. Help us to just enjoy being with her. Please keep any differences of opinion for another time, but not at her birthday party.

2 comments:

ruth said...

Hope you are having a wonderful time Anita!! Sounds like a great trip and priceless time with family.
Love,
Ruth

carole said...

I am praying that you have a safe and wonderful vacation. Wish I could see my Mom. She only lived to be 51... But what a wonderful Christian!!! Enjoy!!!