Monday, March 23, 2009

Hymn Sing

Last evening we went to the Community Hymn Sing. It was a very enjoyable time of praise and worship. 190 folks from many denominations gathered to sing and listen to the old hymns that we all love so much. I counted at least 24 from our own church. There was a variety of instruments and vocals plus congregational singing. I think I enjoyed The Holy City, sung by Lowell Tolly and accompanied by his brother, the most of all.
Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise Him. Praise the Lord with the harp, make music to Him on the ten-stringed lyre. Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy. Psalm 33:1-3

1 comment:

Barb Standfest said...

One of these times, I will actually be in Midland on the evening of the Hymn Sing. I'd really like to go - thanks for sharing about it!