Saturday, March 07, 2009

I'm Going!

Jerry and I will get up very early one week from today to drive to the train in Flint. I'll take the train to Chicago. Then Sunday morning Pam and I will fly to Denver. We'll stay with Bill (brother) and Vel. My mom's birthday is Monday, the party is from 12 to 2:00. It's not long but at 95, I guess two hours is long enough! I'll take my camera! Oh boy, I've got a lot to do before then...clean house, wash clothes, pack clothes, finish newsletter, print newsletter. Jerry has agreed to hand out the newsletter on Sunday morning. What a guy! I'll cook up some food for him before I go too, like I usually do when I leave him and go somewhere...usually to visit my mom.
Thank you, Lord, for showing me that I should go to help my mom celebrate her 95th birthday. Thank You for keeping her mind sharp. Please continue to help her. Thank You for her life.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you ask your brother about the play at SAC? We think that Little Women was before Silas Marner. But maybe someone else than Esther Maddox directed it. What is your brother's last name? Maybe he was in our class or one yr. ahead. Sue
PS best wishes on your trip to see your mom and celebrate her birthday. So nice you can go.

Kate said...

i am thrilled for you...it will be a wondrful trip and party.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time and give grandma a birthday kiss for me, 95 that is quite a mile stone.
Tim

Amy said...

You're taking the train to Chicago? My sisters and I have been wanting to take a train ride.