Thursday, January 08, 2009

Reading

Jerry and I are reading again. We've had a long break and it's good to be back. For those of you who've recommended The Shack by William Young...we're reading it. It was loaned to us by Joan, but before we got to it (we were still reading another book) she needed it back. Then I bought it for Ted for Christmas, even though I hadn't read it yet, I'd been told by enough folks that it's a good book to read, so I gave it to Ted. As he opened it a big smile came on his face and he said, "I just finished reading this! It's good, Mom, you should keep it and read it!" So...we're reading it. We've read the foreward and chapter one.

Lord, thank You for good books. Thank You for folks who write good books. Be with Jerry and me as we read together.

4 comments:

Pastor Joy Ziegler said...

Oh man! I can't WAIT to hear your comments about that book! There are moments that will stun you and make you ask questions, but it IS a fictional work and the truths behind it are incredible. It made me look at Scripture and what do I believe that is tradition and not necessarily truth?

Enjoy!!

ruth said...

Can't wait to hear what you think of the book...as you know I loved it. Just some new views on who God is to consider...
Ruth

Kate said...

Anita...I read that book...it is so profound...I loved it...Did you know that William Young was at Dalat last year? You probably did know that....enjoy...enjoy...enjoy!!

Barb Standfest said...

I'm on the list of those who said READ IT! I'm also on the list of those who have been changed by the spiritual truths contained in it. (I had to let God out of the box that I had him in!!)

I'm so glad you're reading it together!