Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cake and Ice Cream!

Well, once again I have my photos in the wrong order. Sorry, Amy, next time I'll get it right! Rob and Jessica and Haleigh came over for birthday cake and ice cream.
Jerry with his cake and 73 candles. He's wearing his new shirt and corduroy pants that I gave him.

Haleigh carried the cake to him with the candles lit. We sang Happy Birthday to him. It's not a fancy cake at all. Late this afternoon he suggested I make a football cake for him! Had he said it yesterday or even this morning I could have made him a football cake. So...next year. Don't let me forget...a football cake for Jerry!
We went to Logan's for supper. We love their ribs. Well, they wouldn't seat us in the dining room! The girl said they were expecting a party of 90 so they weren't taking anyone else! She said we could go in the other side but we'd have at least a 20 minute wait. She said it with the tone of voice that said they really didn't care if we stayed or not! So we left and went to Applebee's. Jerry ordered ribs and I ordered fajitas. It was a very good supper. Jerry got a free dessert with two spoons! It was a double chocolate something and ice cream. It was sooo good! The waitressses also sang to him!
Jessica didn't get home from work until about 7:00 so then they were coming for birthday cake and ice cream! Oh, man. More dessert?!
Our pieces of cake were very small. They were also very good.
All five of our kids called or came to wish Jerry a happy birthday! Andrew and Katie also called to wish him a happy birthday. That was so good. My younger brother wrote him a very nice comment to my blog for his birthday. My older brother, my sister, and my mother all called him and wished him a happy birthday! That was very nice. It meant a lot to him. He also got some nice comments and e-mails from friends.
Lord, thank You for special birthdays, for family and friends to love and make us feel special and loved.
Most of all, I love You, Lord.

2 comments:

Barb Standfest said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday, brother Jerry;
Happy Birthday to you!!!!

And many more......

Anonymous said...

Wow - Grandma W called - that is special. Happy Birthday Dad!