Saturday, January 03, 2009

Quiet

Saturday morning and all is quiet. We had a surprise yesterday...Ted and his girls left yesterday about 10:00 AM. But something wasn't right with his car! It just didn't want to go! They barely got down the road when they turned around and came back! Ted and Jerry looked it all over, but you know cars today... So Ted ended up taking it to the garage where he bought the car (he bought here in our town) and they hooked it up to the computer to find out what was wrong. It was something to do with the transmission. I don't know very much about cars so I can't tell you much more than that. They went ahead and fixed it and Ted picked it up about 4:00. We all decided they should stay the night and leave this morning. So Bella and I played several games of Sorry (Sydney played one) and then Bella and I went to the store. Sydney was just lying around, not doing too much. I fixed a supper that Sydney asked for, chicken fingers over rice, but by the time we were ready to eat, she didn't feel like eating! I thought she must be feeling bad about not going home...wrong! By bed time she was feeling really sick and started throwing up! Boy, was I glad we didn't insist she eat supper. She had three bouts of vomiting before the night was over. I slept beside her in the lounge chair so I was right there if she needed me. She finally went to sleep and by this morning seemed better. So it was quite a different day and night we just had. They're gone now and Ted said he'll call when they get home.
Lord, I praise you because You are Sovereign. You are All Knowing. Thank You that the car needed help right away and not half way home. It was a blessing they were still on our road when the problem with the car started. Thank You for the garage being able to fix it right away. Thank You for being with Sydney and touching her body. Help her to continue to heal and for Bella and Ted to not pick it up, or Jerry and me either!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I love the way you put the common back into sense! And not to hurt anyone's feelings but sometimes it seems to me that the common isn't so common anymore!! And I also just love reading about the fun you have...especially the tea parties and hats!!

Joan said...

I understand what you mean about 'quiet' we have had grandchildren staying on and off over the past 2 weeks. Because my husband Joe is Italian born and cooks (wonderful man)the grandkids love to eat Nonno's pasta. So for 3 nights in a row last week we ate pasta. Wonderful! its something these children will never forget( it dosen't do alot for my waistline though) I hope your granddaughter is well now. Cheers Joan ((*_*)) PS. I made your Rainbow Jello for the grandchildren on Christmas Eve "Nonna how did you make it? Thanks for that.