Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Feeling bad

I feel so bad. Will writing about it help? I let my son down today. I didn't mean to. Is it my age? I guess I could use that as an excuse. I don't know. He asked me for a simple favor today. He was called in for ski patrol. Our granddaughter would be coming home on the bus at three. Would I go over about 2:55 to be there when her bus arrived to explain why he wasn't home? She's old enough to stay alone but she just needed to know why he was gone and where he was. Sure, I could do that (I've done it before), no problem. Well, I checked the clock at 1:10, 2:15, 2:35...when 2:55 came, it never crossed my mind! What happened? I don't know. I just feel so bad about letting him down. She's fine, I'm the one who is not. I should have written it down. I must do that more. Write it down.
Lord, You know how badly I'm feeling right now. Please help me to forgive myself. Help me to be more careful in the future and to write things down so I don't forget. Help my children to be patient and understanding and to not give up on me.

4 comments:

Barb Standfest said...

I'm so sorry my friend. I understand and I know you would change this all in a moment if you could -- Thank you God for your immeasurable grace and comfort to Anita and her family.

Kate said...

i understand how you feel but it was not intentional....i had a similar thing happen to me last week over ordering chinese food for supper for my kids...you just feel so awful...we are not always perfect...even tho we try hard...i am sure you are forgiven...

Anonymous said...

Hey Grandma!
Its OK that you forgot to go over. I'm sure she was fine! We all sometimes forget to do things that are very important to us or others. But whats done is done, you can't change the past. It really doesn't matter you age, it happens to everyone! All the time!!
Miss ya, love ya, and see ya soon!!
Annie Mae
PS - Say "HI" to Grandpa for me!

Unknown said...

Feeling with you. I have forgotten like that too. I'm glad the granddaughter is ok and it wasn't too traumatic for her. Sometimes the hardest person to forgive is ourselves. It is a matter of will and not feelings. Just do it. And then the feelings will be on board soon. I'll pray for that. Don't let Satan steal your joy. Love and Hugs, Sue