Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday is a Work Day

We're doing our fall house cleaning. What a job!!! We started on Friday by bringing the tall ladder in (it's very heavy) and cleaning the high shelf in the living room. Those who have been here know what I mean by the high shelf. The clocks also had to come down and be cleaned. At the same time I cleaned all the logs I could reach. They do collect dust. After that big job we were too tired to do any more than just take the big ladder upstairs (that's a job in itself) and put the furniture back back in order in the living room. (The ladder was hidden behind the chimney! No one could see it from down stairs.)
Now today we set up the ladder again and cleaned the high (very high) fans above the living room/loft and the master bedroom. It's my last time to clean the fans...I turn old age next month and that's too old to climb the ladder so high to clean the fan! So next spring we'll see what happens!
Next will be the windows again... It seems like I'm always washing windows! But it makes such a big difference and makes the house seem so clean so it's worth the work.
Lord, thank You for my health so I can do this heavy cleaning twice a year. Thank You for our log home and for all of Your many, many blessings to us. I love You and I praise You.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now let's see. What is old age??? Is it 60 or 70 or 80??? Need me to go up there for you?