Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11/08 and Charter Bundle

What a dreadful day this was seven years ago. I still remember what I was doing, what Jerry and Rob were doing, when the twin towers were crashed into by the airplanes, causing terrible destruction. I was reading and at the same time, watching the Today Show, while Jerry and Rob were working on building Rob's new garage. I'll never forget that tragic day.

We now have, along with the all rest of you: cable TV, unlimited long distance, and high speed Internet. There is a difference in our TV but not as much as you would expect. We had excellent reception with our antenna, so there's a small difference but not much. We only have basic viewing so we don't have 500 channels to choose from.
I am relieved now to be able to call whomever I want, and whenever I want (except Tim's family) without using a calling card. It was always upstairs if I was downstairs and vice versa. I won't have 500 numbers to dial everytime I want to call someone long distance! This I especially appreciate. Our phone number is staying the same. We now also have caller ID. I like that.
The high speed internet I appreciate so we're not tying up the phone line any more. It's nice to
always be on-line. The waiting is no longer! I'm having to get used to it though because with AOL I had so many wonderful features that I'll no longer have. It took me a few very frustrating minutes to realize my favorites were no where in sight! Then I saw bookmarks. I'm having to transfer all my favorites to bookmarks. I'm afraid I'm going to lose all my saved mail. I haven't figured out what to do about that yet. I can't cancel out our AOL account until I get this all taken care of to my satisfaction.
Our e-mail address will stay the same unless I tell you differently. That's a nice thing. Or I may have two different accounts. I'll have to let you know.

Heavenly Father, I praise You because You are All Knowing. Nothing comes to You as a surprise. You knew about 9/11 before it happened, yet You are In Control. I don't understand it, but yet, I Praise You.
Thank You for our Charter Bundle. Help me to not take these conveniences for granted. Please give me strength for the day. Help me to make adjustments in these areas without frustration. Help me to lean upon You for my strength.

3 comments:

Kate said...

WoW! Good for you...

Anonymous said...

I have to get our IT guy to reinstall our camera onto our computer, then we can skype together. Way to go with high speed.
Tim

Dillehay said...

I don't think I could live without high-speed internet! It almost seems like a neccesity these days.

I want to someday get a camper. I would love to sell our house and travel around for a year or two..just have to convince my husband. :)