Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day

Today is Labor Day but I haven't labored very much! We had a very nice day. Ted called yesterday and then came to visit! He was alone, and while we missed the family, it was nice to just visit with him. I made pizza for supper. He stayed all night, and he and Jerry went out for breakfast. We ate our big meal today at noon, something unusual for us, but I wanted to fix a nice dinner for us while he was here. Jerry cooked steak on the grill and I baked potatoes, cooked corn on the cob, and sliced fresh tomatoes. We ate outside on the deck, it's a very beautiful day. Ted loves Mackinaw Island Fudge ice cream so that was our dessert. Then he headed for home and Jerry and I both laid down for a nap!

I've been dog sitting again with my favorite little Plaid. He's so obedient and sweet, he's a joy to have around! He hardly ever barks. Rob, Jessica, and Haleigh went to Covenant Hills for the weekend to visit friends, Tom & Angel, and would have taken him but Plaid would have had a hard time with their dog. So he's back at home now with his family. Tomorrow school starts, and I guess summer will quickly end soon.

Thank You, Lord, for special days. Thank You for Ted. Please be with him in a very real way. Guide him, help him to lean on You for strength. Please be with Rob & Jessica as they are so involved with raising money for their adoption. Guide them and strengthen their faith in You.

1 comment:

ruth said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Wish I could've joined you:)
Ruth