Sunday, November 11, 2007

Veterans Day

Today is the day to remember all our war veterans. We've had many in just our own family. Jerry's brothers, Bob-WWII; Jim-Korean Conflict; brother-in-law, Roger-WWII; uncle, Harry-WWI; and others that I can't think of or don't know of. In my own family my brother, Richard-Korean Conflict; uncle, Richard-WWII; nephew, Woody-Desert Storm; cousin, LJ-WWII; cousin once removed, Louis-WWI; and others I can't think of. I'm sure we had some who fought in the Civil War and the War of 1812. We also had some who were in the military but didn't have to fight in a war; Jerry; Sean; Roger; and more. We honor all of them today and every day. Heavenly Father, I don't like war and I know You don't either. It's because of the disobedience of Adam and Eve that sin entered into the world and therefore, war. It's because of leaders who are greedy and who know nothing of the Love of Jesus. I praise You, Father, because You are Love. You are Ultimately In Control, even when it doesn't look like it. You have promised to never leave us or forsake us.

No comments: