Sunday, November 18, 2007

Emergency!

We just made an unexpected trip to Illinois. I wrote about Pam having an appendectomy last week. We went to be with her and help out any way we could. We're back home now. Home is always good! We left there this morning. Gene is very efficient and his mother cooked supper for all of us two times and was planning on fixing dinner today, with us included, but we felt like Pam was being very well taken care of without us so it was okay to leave her in their hands. We saw improvment in her each day. It was kind of amazing. Here's a list of the little bit that we did: Jerry helped Gene clear the front yard of leaves, and worked on a wood project for Gloria; I baked a couple of apple pies (with Gene's help), folded a basket of socks, did a little dusting, and changed the sheets on our bed so it's ready for their next company. Oh man, I just thought of something I meant to do and forgot. Well, it's too late now. Hopefully, Gene did it. I know you're not interested in what I did but, like I've said before, this is my journal written for myself!
Lord, thank you for allowing us to go to help Pam out, for giving us a safe trip, most of all for touching Pam's body. Please help her to continue to heal and gain her strength back. I praise You because You are our Healer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that was quick - you are lucky I checked your blog again today. LOL

Kate said...

Glad to hear Pam is recovering..that is a painful thing and it takes some time to bounce back. She has a great support team so it will be easy for her to heal well before she gets right back at it.