Thursday, November 08, 2007

A New Day!

Well, a new day! I've already met with the Lord this morning...He was waiting for me! He always is. I read about Philip running along side of a chariot. That's a great story of obedience. Acts 8:26-40 I'm reminded of a time, years ago, when I felt so impressed to go to a friend who was moving away. I'm not writing it to boast but because I'm humbled to think the Lord gave me this experience. I had been taking care of a little girl while her mother taught school. One day she told me when school was over they'd be moving. Oh...all day I felt bad because they'd be leaving and because in all our talking we'd never talked about God. They didn't attend any church, she was a single mom. A few evenings later I was driving to the grocery store by myself and I felt the Lord talking to me about my friend. He seemed to be telling me I should stop by her apartment and talk to her about Him! Oh, I couldn't do that! No way! I shook my head and tried to think of other things but the Lord was very persistant and wouldn't leave me alone. So I began to argue with Him. Her younger brother also lived with her and her little girl and I said he would be there and so I couldn't talk to her alone. The Lord said, "No, he'll be in his bedroom doing his homework." So I reasoned Laura would be playing and interrupting us. "No, she'll be in bed asleep." Well, I was sure the TV would be on so we'd have a hard time talking. "No, the TV is off." I was sure my friend wouldn't be interested in anything I had to say about my relationship with God! "Yes, she will and I want you to stop by her place and talk with her." Well, I had to drive past her apartment building on my way home and when I got to her driveway, my car turned in! I knew I had to obey! I was scared to death but somehow I knew this was God telling me to talk to her. I knocked on her door, she was surprised to see me and invited me in. It was quiet in the living room. "Where's your brother?" I asked. He was in his bedroom studying! "Where's Laura?" She was in bed asleep! The TV was turned off! I said to her that I felt bad because they're moving away and because I've never taken time to tell her what I believe about God and about my personal relationship with Jesus. She actually told me she'd often wondered what I believed. She knew our home was a Christian home and she'd love to have me tell her! We had a good visit and then I left. When school ended they moved to another state and I've never heard from them. But I'm in awe that God asked me and trusted me to talk to her and how He went with me. Maybe, possibly, a seed was planted. Thank you, Lord, for your abiding presence. Thank you for experiences like this that I can look back on and remember how You were with me. Thank you for helping me and giving me the courage to be obedient.

No comments: