Friday, November 09, 2007

A Little Boy

We have a great-grand nephew, Cameron, who is in intensive care! He started out with a bad cold that wouldn't get better, just worse. Finally his mom, our grandniece, took him to emergency. He was admitted to the hospital that day, Mon or Tues. Then because our hospital doesn't have equipment small enough for a little child not quite two years he was transported to a bigger hospital in a larger city near by. We were called today and asked to pray for him, which we did. This was the first we even knew he was sick! Well then, I felt like I needed to go to the hospital and at least see his family to let them know we care. I didn't expect to see him. So his great-grandmother, Betty; Aunt Sandy, and I all went together. After a while we got to go in to see him. Well, he's doing a little better today. They're keeping him asleep so he can't pull the cords and tubes off. He's on a ventilator for breathing. He's a very sick little boy. On Monday the doctors hope to take the ventilator off. I don't know why I felt so impressed to go over but I did, and now, I'm glad I did. I just feel glad. Dear Lord, thank you for Cameron. Today was the first time I've ever seen him! He's a sweet little guy. I praise You, because You are our Healer. Please continue to touch his little body. Please reveal Yourself to his family. Help them to know that You are the Almighty Healer, You are Love.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Keeping you and little Cameron close... sending healing prayers across the miles....

Anonymous said...

How nice of you to go with Aunt Betty and Sandy. I will be praying for Cameron too. Let me know which one he belongs to.