Saturday, March 17, 2007

Last day!

Today is my last day here in the western part of Washington! I've had a good week and a half. It'll be soooo good to get home to Jerry but I'll miss being here too. I'll miss the beautiful snow capped mountains(on clear days), Puget Sound, Eagles, snow geese, swans, flowers(lots of flowers), friends, and most of all family! Yesterday was Mother's 93rd birthday. Lorraine and I surprised Mother and everyone by ordering 93 helium filled balloons and having them delivered to the Garden Room where all the Beachwood residents eat dinner. They were delivered during dinner. I invited as many friends and staff as I could think of to go to the Garden Room for the surprise celebration and to wish Mother a Happy Birthday. I have to say it was a successful celebration! Mother was so happy and just couldn't believe it was all for her!Everyone received a present to take home with them...a balloon, of course! People are still talking about it today, including Mother! So I guess we can say Lorraine and I did good! It was lots of fun and we kept it a total surprise! I'll post some pictures when I get home. I wish you all could have been here! I told her if she gets to be 100 we'll do it again with 100 balloons! I think you should all come to celebrate that birthday with us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, You did good!