Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Favorite Season?

Despite my excitement over seeing first signs of spring this isn't my favorite season of the year! It would be if it wouldn't be so changeable from one day to the next. We've got little crocus flowers blooming and daffodils will soon. We had temperatures in the 70's this week but now today it's in the 40's, cloudy and windy. We can't walk in this or work outside. Mother Nature just needs to make up her mind. Spring always reminds me of a young teenager! They have a hard time making up their minds if they want to become an adult or remain a child. When I was teaching 5th/6th graders I would often take my kids out for an afternoon, one at a time. One girl, Lisa, is a good example of what I'm talking about. We had gone to a park, walked the river trail, talked about life, hers in particular, her likes and dislikes, school, boys, God, etc. Near the end of our walk we came to a playground. "Oh, could we stop and play?" she asked, and ran to the swings. "Would you push me?" She was right at that age where she wanted to grow up but yet, she loved being a child! Spring is like that! It wants to change and be beautiful but it just can't quite let go of winter.

No comments: