Thursday, March 15, 2007

Breakfast`

This morning some friends took me out for breakfast! We drove into town to a restaurant which was a nice change from eating here in Cedar Court. The air was cool and brisk as I stood outside waiting for them to pick me up. It felt so good. I wish you could have seen the view of the mountains this morning! There was a layer of clouds below and blue sky and clouds above and in the middle were the most beautiful snow covered mountain peaks! So picturesque! There were also lots of swans out in a field, some flying over. This is such a beautiful part of the country. But of course the best part was the fellowship with these good friends. I've known them for many years and they were good friends of my dad and still are of my mom. Good friends are a blessing from God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Anita:

These people who took you out for Breakfast are my friends too. I knew both of them at Central College. One was my Bible Professor and the other was just my professor. Anyway, whenever I came up to visit the folks I would get in touch with these fine people and we would go out for breakfast. Vel got to know them too and the four of us would go out for breakfast. The last time I came up to see Mom, They were to pick me up and we were going out for breakfast when I got a knock on my door and they announced that their garage door was stuck and they could not get their car out of the garage. So, we had breakfast in their home. There was no complaining and no fussing, just a great attitude you expect from Christians. We had a good visit. And, a great breakfast. I think the world of these people. They are very wise and I respect and look up to these two people with admiration.

Anita said...

In case anyone is wondering who these folks are that I'm talking about. They are Gene and Beth. I never use last names in my blogging, maybe you've noticed that. For some reason I didn't even use their first names in this blog. They are very good friends.