Sunday, October 22, 2006

Rush, Rush, Rush!

What a day yesterday was! I got up at 4:30 AM to do all the last minute things I needed to do, like putting a roast beef dinner in the oven for Jerry, watering plants, etc. We left for the airport at 6:40, my plane was to leave at 7:40, I had an e-ticket so I didn't need to be there an hour or two early. I only had carry on luggage, but when my flight bag was going through the x-ray something showed up that the woman didn't like. It turned out that I had to have all my tooth paste, shampoo, etc. in a zip lock bag. So we put everything back in and I went to the gift shop to buy a zip lock bag. Fifty cents for one quart size bag! I put everything in including my hand lotion. Had to go all through the line again. A different lady didn't like something this time. My hand lotion was too big, even though it fit in the zip lock bag it was too many ounces! I couldn't take it with me! I couldn't believe it! I told her it was my best lotion and it was expensive, she didn't care. So I left it with her and went on to board my plane. When it was time to take off the pilot came on the speaker and said we couldn't take off until something was signed and the only person that could sign was a mechanic. Since this was Saturday he didn't know if they could find one. It could be five minutes or up to two hours before we could take off! We all just sat there and sat there. Well. lucky for us a mechanic showed up in about a half hour! But even so that made it bad for folks with connecting flights, myself included. We arrived in Minneapolis and I took off running to the other side, down the escalator, caught a bus, up the excalator, out ran everyone else on the moving walkway, heard my name on the loud speaker!, and made it to my gate just in time! They closed the door just after I got on board! My next stop was Boise, Idaho. I got there in time to buy a blueberry muffin, I hadn't had a bite to eat yet! There was a coffee shop right by my gate, the girl tried to tell me there were resturants up stairs. I told her I just came from upstairs and I don't have time for that, just sell me a muffin so I can get on my plane. Then she gave me a banana to go with it! I guess I must have looked really hungry...well, I was! So I boarded that plane, ate my muffin and banana, and a diet coke. We got to Seattle and I realized if I hurried I could catch the earlier shuttle to Marysville. So once again I ran though the airport...I made it! I called Lorraine and asked if she could meet me at 2:10 instead of 4:10. Yes, she could. So my whole day was rush, rush, rush! But that's not the end of my story! On the shuttle, near Everett, we had a very near accident with a semi cab pulling a long horse trailer! There is always lots of traffic on I 5 and all of a sudden the driver of the semi-horse trailer decided to move into our lane. Well, we were there and there was no place for us to go. My driver laid on the horn and slammed on his brakes which slowed us down enough so the semi merged right over in front of us. A little later we were neck and neck at a traffic light so we all looked over to see who the driver was of the semi. A woman with long blonde hair! She looked at us and made a very obscene gesture and then fell back behind us. Our driver was going to just let it go but some of us said she may have fallen back so she could get his number to report him (even though she was at fault). So he decided to write it up and we all reminded him that he had our names and numbers in case he needed witnesses. So that was my day yesterday!!! What a day. But, I'm here safely and my mom is well and glad to see me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were thinking about flying to FL at Christmas time, but after this story I don't think I have the patience to fly yet. Glad you were able to make all of your connections and end up ahead of the game.