Monday, October 30, 2006

Last day here

Today is my last day here. I'll leave this evening about 7:30 for the shuttle to take me to the airport. I'll stop in Minneapolis and Detroit and arrive home at 12:55 PM tomorrow. I'm just about ready now and it's only 12:30. I have to go back to my cabin and get my flight bag and lock up. Last evening I went to the neatest program. It was entirely put on by kids, even the emcee was a boy about 13 or 14. The ages went from about 5 - 18. They all played violin, bass vile, cello, piano, fiddle, etc. One boy surprised everyone by coming in from the back playing bag pipes! They sang, told jokes, recited scripture, and played tunes. Most of the songs were old songs like Hey, Good Lookin', What Cha Got Cookin'! They called themselves The Ratpack! Well, I've had a good time here with my mom and the last two days with Lorraine but now it's time to go home. So, so long!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I so enjoy your blog and your wonderful spirit!! The eagles remind me of that verse in the bible....and he shall raise them up on eagles wings...I am so glad you had that time with eagles..they are such elegant birds. Wishing you a safe,comfy journey home.

Anonymous said...

Sound like a nice concert - fun.

Did you take Grandma?