Saturday, October 14, 2006

Map

Today in the mail we received a map of Malaysia where our son and family are! It's a good big map! We can see where they go to the mall, to church, to eat, etc. It makes us feel closer to them! It reminds me of two things: several years ago... okay, a lot of years ago, when I was tutoring English as a Second Language, one of my Japanese students was a young boy in first or second grade. His name was Susumu. He was a very good student and a sweet little boy. One day I took a map of Japan to our class. The writing was all in Japanese so I couldn't read it but Susumu could. When he saw that map he grabbed it and ran to an open space in the room, spread the map out on the floor, and laid on it! He was a homesick little boy and that was as close as he could get to Japan and home! Looking at this map today is as close as we can get to Tim, Shauna, Annie, and Kaleb for now. But one of these days we're going to fly over there and see these places and people in person! I can't wait! The other thing I am reminded of is that God is Omnipresent! He is in Malaysia and Japan and Canada and USA, He is everywhere all at the same time! I praise Him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool - I can't wait to see it