Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Put on the spot!

Oh boy, I blew it. Sunday morning before church started our senior pastor came down the aisle, saw me sitting there, stopped, smiled, and said, "How's it going?" I smiled and said, "Okay. Just the same old, same old." A few minutes later our assistant pastor came by, sat down beside me, smiled and said, "How's it going?" I smiled and said, "Good! How about you?" He told me about a frustration so I know how to pray for him. Then I told him about the day before when I talked to a young mother about the new Wed. night class I'll be teaching. I was very excited! He's praying for me. But right after he left I began to feel guilty. Why didn't I share that with my senior pastor? Well, when I'm put on the spot my mind goes blank! He did that to me-put me on the spot. My assist. pastor sat down by me and we talked together. My mind didn't go blank, I thought about something I wanted to tell him. I actually wanted to tell Pastor Dave about this too.This is a new class and we're all hoping it'll go over. There was something else I wanted to tell Pastor Dave about, something I think he would like to know. But I didn't. And I didn't ask him how things are with him like I did with Pastor Shane. Maybe he wouldn't have said anything...but maybe he would have. He's got an awful lot going on right now. I'm praying for him anyway. Ane I'm going to remember this and try not to clam up when I'm asked a simple question.

No comments: