Sunday, October 15, 2006

National Grouch Day!

Today is National Grouch Day according to my calender! So if you are a grouch today is your day! I used to be a grouch but I don't think I am any more. You see, I'm not a morning person. I move really slow in the mornings and I used to be really grouchy in the morning. It all came to a head one morning years ago. I was the caller for the substitute teachers here in our town, so I had to get up really early in the morning to take the calls and get the subs for the day. It wasn't easy getting up so early every morning, but I was determined to make this job work. And I was pleasant on the phone at 6:00 AM. One morning Jerry and Pam and I were talking about something and I was a very big grouch! Then my school phone rang and I answered it with a very friendly, "Good morning! This is Anita, may I help you?" I heard Jerry and Pam laughing about something so I turned to look at them to see what was so funny and I suddenly realized they were looking at me and laughing at me! It only took a second for me to know why they were laughing at me. I had been so grouchy with them but over the phone I was as sweet as I could be! When I got off the phone I began to laugh too...I was caught. And I was cured! I determined not to be grouchy in the morning with my family any more. I'm sure I probably slipped a few times but I really tried to end my grouchy days. So National Grouch Day is for someone else and if it's for you I hope it is a good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Anita:

I did not know there was such a thing as Grouch Day. Maybe it is a good thing we don't always know what day it is. If I had known what day it was I could have taken adavantage of it and have been a real bad grouch. Too late now the day is almost over. Vel doesn't know about this day either. I am not going to tell her.