Sunday, February 01, 2009

Weekend

Isabella going down the hill.
Sydney coming down the hill.
We have a great sledding hill here in our town. It's not far from where we live. I was out with them until I thought my feet were going to fall off from being frozen. Then we all went to the warming house and sat by the fire. When they went back out I stayed inside and watched them out the big plate glass window. They waved at me every time they came down so I knew I'd better not stop watching! That was yesterday now today they went to early service with their dad so they could go sledding again during 2nd service. They're on their way home now.

Lord, thank You for the fun times we have with our grandchildren. Please watch over them, keep them from any harm, both physically and spiritually.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! Thank you for taking the girls to do fun things like that. I don't think you ever stayed when we went sledding at City Forest.

Anita said...

Dear Pondering Something...
Maybe I didn't stay when you went sledding...but remember when the whole family went tobaggoning? (oh dear, how is that spelled?) (There's no spell check with comments!) We had so much fun. That's what I remember...we screamed all the way down the hill!

Kate said...

i love sledding and tobogganing...what great memories and photos.

Anonymous said...

I remember you staying and buying hot coco and sitting by the fire to warm up.
Tim

Unknown said...

That looks like sooo much fun!! My kids are very jealous!!