Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Dressing up

Pastor Dave and Leah were so dressed up on Sunday for the beginning of the Love series so I took their picture. Pastor has on his tux! The Sunday before he suggested that folks dress up this Sunday. Jerry wore a suit and tie but he grumbled saying he'd probably be the only man to be dressed up...wrong! (I didn't tell him to dress up, he did it himself) Well, there were several others wearing suits! Jerry and Pastor Dave looked the best of all the men! I always wear a dress or skirt to church on Sunday morning so it was no big deal for me. I think it's a matter of respect to dress up; respect for God, respect for church, respect for myself!

Lord, thank You for this special series of sermons. Thank You for giving us clothes to wear. Help us to dress as we think we should, not as others do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your picture of the pastor and his wife. Lovely! What fun to have a series of sermons on love. It is what the world needs to hear for sure, not all the hollywood version.