Sunday, February 15, 2009

Quiet!

All's quiet on the home front... I was very sick most of last week but you know how it is, especially for a mom...you don't, you can't just quit. I kept going all week, although Thursday I basically laid on the sofa after nearly passing out fixing our breakfast! This was newsletter week so I had to finish writing it and get it sent out by e-mail; and printed to hand out today at church. Thursday evening Ted called and asked how we were and if we'd like company for the weekend! I was telling him how sick I'd been all week when he said, "Syd wants to spend Valentine's Day with Grandma!" Oh...how do I say no to that? So I said they should come but to not expect any extra activities because I'd been sick. Also I hadn't done any housework all week! So they arrived Friday evening while I was finishing printing the newsletter. Saturday Jerry and Ted went out for breakfast, that helped! We shared valentines with each other after breakfast, that was fun. In the afternoon we had a tea party (which is a lot of work for me but is so special to the girls) and had a good time. So now they are gone and all is quiet. I'm tired but feel very loved by my granddaughter's and by Ted. I'll finish cleaning the kitchen and then just relax for the rest of the day and tomorrow.
Heavenly Father, You are my Strength. Thank You for the good time we had with our granddaughter's and with Ted. Please strengthen me. Help me to get completely better.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the time with family over Valentine's day.

Anonymous said...

When Emma asked in Sunday school what the children had done on Saturday, one of the girls said she'd had a tea so I guess it was really appreciated. wk

Anonymous said...

That explains your lack of blogging last week. I didn't realize you were sick.

ruth said...

Hope you had a restful day today:). It's back to school for us tomorrow but it sure was nice to have today off!
Love,
Ruth