Wednesday, February 04, 2009

My Mom

Here is a picture of my mom and me last December when I went to visit her. She's almost 95 and I'm 70! I miss being with her. She moved today into a nursing home. I'm on the verge of crying...I should be with her. The weather is the only thing keeping me away. I live in Michigan, she is living in Colorado. As soon as spring arrives Jerry will take me out there.

Heavenly Father, please, please, be with Mother. Help her to feel Your Presence. Help her to make this adjustment. Please let this be a good nursing home, not like some are. Please wrap Your Arms around her and help her to Feel You.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Hi Anita
Oh! I do so understand how you feel. I lost my Mum about 15 years ago, she was in England and I was in Australia, and at that time I could not afford to travel there. She understood, but that didn't make it any better. So...chin up and keep using that telephone...and you WILL get there in the spring. Cheers Joan ((*_*))

Amy said...

Almost 95! Wow! What a blessing from God to have so many years.

Barb Standfest said...

And Lord, hold my friend Anita in your strong arms and comfort her. You are her perfect heavenly Father and you love her. You love her mother and You alone can care for her in the ways that she needs You to.