Monday, February 23, 2009

The Hiding Place

Last evening we (missions committee) showed the movie, The Hiding Place, at our missions movie night at church. I've seen the movie several times, but it always impacts me in a sad, moving, meaningful way. I definitely feel God's presence through the whole movie. Jerry and I had the privilege of going to and through the ten Boom watch shop and home a few years ago when we were visiting our friends in The Netherlands. What a privilege that was.

Lord, I praise You because of Your Abiding Presence. You are Omnipresent, You are Love.

2 comments:

Amy said...

The story of the ten Boom family is so powerful. I used Corrie as an example in my Sunday School class last week. We were studying about how Esther saved her people. I also reminded the students of another person who saved the Jewish people--she wasn't a queen, she wasn't young, and she wasn't overly beautiful, and she didn't save the entire nation...but she allowed God to use her and her testimony has touched many, many lives.

Kate said...

i also love the hiding place and corrie ten boome...i have seen the movie a couple of times and read the book ...it is a hauntingly beautiful story...we are so blessed here in our own countries...