Saturday, March 29, 2008

Work

Oh boy, have we worked today! Because we had paint left over we decided to paint upstairs in the loft. So that was our big project today. We're done with the painting and have the furniture moved back but...while the big ladder is upstairs I want to wash the fan and the window. I'm afraid they'll have to wait til Monday. I'm tired. I told you I'm getting old! It's so good to get this cleaning done. I hadn't even thought about spring house cleaning yet but that's what I'm doing! And even though I'm very tired it seems so good to know spring house cleaning is being done. Thank you, Father, for giving us strength to do these heavy cleaning jobs. Thank you for our home and for all of your blessings to us. I love You, Lord.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I love your home...so inviting...and it will wait until Monday. I was in Saskatoon this weekend and stopped at Dutch Growers...a greenhouse/crafty/store place we will like to go visit. The owners came from Holland to Weyburn in the mid 50's and then moved to Saskatoon and opened this greenhouse. It is a dutch windmill shape. The impressive thing about this place is the sign outside the door "Please remember that Sunday is always our family day". They are not open on Sundays....and never have been...and never will be. So you take your day of rest...the cleaning won't go anywhere!!

Anonymous said...

Anita, I know what you mean about
how GOOD it feels to have your
house painting and cleaning done. As you know, you HAVE to do it when you move. So, when I moved back to Portland last December, I got rid of a bunch of stuff and organized what was left and if felt so good. The only problem is: every place you move to, there is dust and dirt. And fingerprints just keep materializing on all the glass surfaces--especially if you have grandchildren. So it is a constant struggle. Oh well! That is part of the world in which we live and as Anita would say, "We thank you, God, for the world you provided for us to live in." See you in May at Mom's for Mothers Day. Love you, L