Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter week

This has been one of the best Easter weeks we ever experienced! It started out, of course, on Palm Sunday. After an excellent morning worship service we enjoyed the fellowship of the senior's from our church family at our monthly senior fellowship luncheon. Then to end the day, it was small group day. We meet twice a month on the 1st and 3rd Sundays. We have such a good time, discussing the sermon's our pastor brings and how they affect us. We pray together, laugh together, hug!, discuss together, and eat together! Wednesday we went to church and took part in a Bible lesson from Matthew on Jesus's last days of ministry. Pastor Shane is a wonderful teacher. Thursday we took part in a Seder Supper. It was as close to the Passover Supper as could be today. It had so much meaning. We left in awe. Friday was Good Friday. I already wrote about that wonderful service. Saturday we went to see the Passion Play. It was done so professionally and yet was performed by folks from our town! One of our grandsons was in it! Tyler did an excellent job! I'm very proud of him! We met our small group friends there and sat together. Ted and his girls came just in time so they also went with us. I had gotten tickets for them so we hoped they'd arrive in time. I really wanted Sydney and Bella to be able to see it so they'd know the full meaning of Easter...not just easter eggs and bunnies and easter egg hunts, etc. They're a little young, especially Bella, but we talked later and I don't think she'll forget it. When Jesus died on the cross the lightning flashed and thunder shook the whole building! It was so real! Sydney buried her head against Ted but Bella sat there and stared, taking it all in. I had my arm around her and I could feel her heart just pounding! She had a hard time separating reality from acting. So we had a good long discussion before she went to bed. Now today is Easter. Our pastor preached a wonderful sermon, as usual. Then we had a family dinner with Ted, Sydney, Bella, Rob, Jessica, Haleigh, and Jerry and me. Now it's very quiet...only Jerry and me here. It got very noisey and active for a while with Easter baskets and an Easter egg hunt. I decided to go ahead and have the hunt even with snow! It was okay and the girls had fun! Heavenly Father, I praise you! You are the same, yesterday, today, and forever! Forgive me for taking You for granted. I don't mean to but in the business of everyday, I forget. Help me. Thank you for giving Your Son for me. Thank you for this wonderful Easter week we've just gone through. Thank you for my wonderful family. Thank you for my good Christian husband. Help me to take time alone with You more. I love You.

No comments: