Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

Today is Good Friday. We went to church at noon. It was a very simple, yet effective, service. It was less than an hour long so working folks could come on their lunch hour. We sang some hymns and then the pastor simply read the story of the crucifixtion from the Bible while the dulcimer was played very softly as background music. It was very effective. The reading began with the disciples falling asleep while Jesus prayed and ended with the darkness as Jesus died on the cross. So we were kind of left hanging and that's how it should be today. Easter is coming! I praise You, Heavenly Father, because you are the Alpha and the Omega. You are Love. Forgive me for being selfish and thoughtless. Thank you for Jesus's willingness to die on the cross for me. Help me to be worthy of Your Love. Help me to show others Your Love. I love you Father.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds very awe inspiring to me! I didn't go because we had a mountain of snow overnite!