Monday, March 31, 2008

Tea is steeping!

I love showing off my fine China. The top shelf is reserved for Bone China cups and saucers. Most of them came from my mother. Some are my own. My mother is now 94 years old! The middle shelf has mainly cut glass, all the same pattern, all gifts at our wedding nearly 49 years ago! The bottom shelf here, on the left has a place setting of a set of dishes that belonged to my great grandmother. The place setting on the right is from a set of English China that my dad bought for my mother back in the early 50's while he was in Canada. They were shipped to our house in Waterloo, Iowa. It was like Christmas for my mother and me! Such an exciting day! Now the set is mine, given to me just a few years ago. The china cabinet, itself, was given to us by the mother of our next door neighbor about 30 years ago! It was in her upstairs filled with books! You can't see it in the picture but it has glass on three sides. There's one more shelf I didn't show here. It's well worth more than an overly packed book case!
This china cabinet matches our dining table. It holds my tea pots and some special plates. One plate you can see is from our 25th anniversary almost 24 years ago! So, please, come and share some tea with me. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together..., but let us encourage one another... Hebrews 10:24, 25.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful memories you have. Your tea sets are absolutelu beautiful. I love your display cases. It's so nice to put your favorite things out so you can see them every day. Nice blog.

Vee said...

I love seeing your china cabinet filled with china. It's wonderful that you have pieces from your family's collection, too. Very pretty!

La Tea Dah said...

Everything is so lovely and filled with loving memories of family and friends. You have done a beautiful task of displaying your pieces!

LaTeaDah

Anonymous said...

Love your cabinets full of beautiful dishes. Congratulations on so many years of marriage! Marvelous, what a blessing. Loved the way you used the Hebrews verse. Be encouraged!

Denise said...

What beautiful dishes you have! And so nicely arranged! I enjoyed your posts ~ like a visit with an old friend. Thank you for sharing all the lovely quotes from scripture, too. They are so uplifting!
Enjoy a lovely Spring week!

Millie said...

You have a very nice display of china. Enjoyed seeing it.
millie

Sweet Necessi-Teas said...

I love your tea displays! Thank you for sharing!

Sandy said...

Love your tea displays! I see that you have an electric hot pot in your collection! I have an collection of them and even use them frequently!

Pam said...

I love your collection of dishes and tea things! I saw a few familiar ones that we have in common! Thanks for sharing!