Sunday, February 03, 2008

Small Group

This evening was our small group. Six of us met, two couldn't make it. We really missed the two absent ones. But we had a really good discussion. Our Pastor is such a good preacher. He brings things out that we never think of. Today his sermon was on Zacchaeus. Luke 19:1-9 Oh yes, we all know that story! Well, instead of looking at Zacchaeus Pastor had us look at Jesus! (1) He had a habitual awareness of lost people! (I need to be less selfish) (2) Jesus sought out the hungry. (I pick the easiest people to reach out to) (3) Jesus lived the anointing. (I'd rather try harder) Anointing is required for me! (4) Jesus lived his role. (I am here to be a disciple of Christ. I must be full of His Spirit. I must be aware of others around me.) Learn from Jesus. Yes, we had a good discussion but it goes deeper than just discussing. We ended our time with each of us deeply touched. Heavenly Father, I praise You for Your Word. Lord, thank you for Pastor Dave and his ability to speak your truths. Bless him with Your Anointing. Help me to receive Your Anointing. Use me, Father, to reach out to folks for You. I love You, Lord.

No comments: