Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lunar Eclipse

Did you watch the eclipse? I went outside to take the first picture at about 8:45. Then the rest I took out the loft window so there are tree branches but...oh well. The first two pictures are the beginning and the second two are the ending of the eclipse. The actual eclipse I just couldn't get my camera to take! But it was quite spectacular! The last picture I took at about 11:40. After it was all over the moon was so bright it was almost like daylight out! It's all pretty exciting to me. O Lord, Our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him...? Psalm 8:1, 3-4a



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I saw part of the eclipse and then
went to bed and to sleep. The moon was beautiful earlier and again this morning.
WK

Anonymous said...

It was beautiful down here in Chicago too. Your camera simply could not capture the wonder of it - or the reddish color of the moon in the earth's shadow. Thank you for trying to record it.