Saturday, February 23, 2008

Chit-chat

How about just some chit-chat. Spring must be coming...! We had to change the timers on our lamps! They were turning on about 5:00 pm but just lately that's too early. It's still light out so Jerry changed them to 6:30. This is a good sign to me that spring is coming! It's still cold out though and we have lots of snow, and it's still only February!
Our newspaper had pictures of the moon eclipse like the ones I took except theirs were with a much better camera so the entire moon showed. I scanned them into my computer and tried to post them here but they won't post. The pictures come up black! They look good on my computer! Oh well, I tried.
I'm making some more changes...in the loft this time. It's been like a show room of our antiques but we need more sleeping room (our whole family is coming here in June!) So I'm getting it ready for a day bed. It'll be a nice cozy room where one or two people can sleep at night and a nice cozy sitting room during the day. So, yes, Vel, the antiques are going back into our bedroom! Oh well...
I sure could use some of your prayers on my behalf. I've been on a real downer for a few weeks and I need some relief from this. I've prayed, I've talked to Jerry, I've read my Bible, but I've not shared with anyone else. If you're a friend and feel like you can help me, please pray for me. If you want to talk to me, call or e-mail. I've tried covering it up but I'm tired of that. By the way, I've not given up...I'm still free to be me!
Well, enough chit-chat for now. Thank you, Lord, for friends we can confide in and who help us bear our burdens. Please lift this dark cloud from me. Help me to praise You in all things.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Anita, I totally understand...I am on a downer these days as well.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it is the winter blues/cabin fever? Time to plan a trip? Why don't you pick up some fresh flowers next time you are at the store - that might help too. Something bright and cheerful like daffodils. Change some of the pictures on your photo wall in the dining room. Use brighter, more casual photos.