Thursday, August 09, 2007

Bountiful fields

This is one of the many, many mustard or canola fields we passed by in North Dakota and Sask. Canada. Some said it was mustard and some said it canola.
This is a field of flax. It doesn't show up very well in this picture but these fields were such a pretty blue I had to take a picture.
The sun flower fields were just beginning to bloom. There are acres and acres of sun flowers! I took this as we drove by so it's not as good as if we had stopped and I focused in on them. It's fun to see them because they lift their faces to the sun and then bow down when the sun goes down! We saw wheat fields too but they weren't quite ready yet. I think I would do well on a farm because I love animals and plants. These fields just fascinated me. We saw swans, geese, eagles, pelicans, ducks, deer, a coyote!, a moose!, and lots more! Thank you, Lord, for the bountiful fields and all of nature.


2 comments:

Kate said...

Mustard and Canola look very similar but Mustard has a very round clump of flowers and canola is a longer stem with the same yellow colored flowers.

Anita said...

Thanks, Kathy, I didn't know that!