Friday, August 10, 2007

Guitar cake


Here is my feeble attempt at making a guitar cake! This was for Tyler's birthday. Haleigh helped me with it and we both felt it turned out okay! This picture was before the candles were added. The important thing is that Tyler seemed pleased with it! Oh, let me tell you a funny thing that Tyler and his friends did this evening! A bunch of teenagers were at his house making pizza and celebrating his birthday. I guess they needed to go out and run around a little bit. I had gone to the store but Jerry was home. When he saw them running through the yard he stepped out on the porch and said jokingly, "Oh, have you come to sing a song to me?" So the kids all came together and sang a song for him, like it was planned, only it wasn't! Lord, thank you for these teenagers. Guide them and watch over them as they go through these tough teen years. Help them to be determined to live for You.

No comments: