Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Battle With The Raccoon!

I wrote about the war going on between Jerry and a big mean raccoon. Jerry won!!! It's been tough. He's tried different strategies and the raccoon always outwits him...until last night!!! Yesterday Jerry drilled a hole for the bungee cord to go through and then hooked it. It goes up over the roof of the bird feeder and hooks at the bottom of the feeder on the other side. The raccoon came as usual in the night. He loves the sunflower seeds we put out for the birds. I heard him struggling and struggling. He's awfully noisy. He could not get the bungee cord loose. He got so mad he was growling loudly! I would never want to meet up with him! He actually finally gave up and left! I wonder if he'll come back tonight?! Thank you, Lord, for helping us to finally find a way to feed the birds without losing the seeds to a raccoon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Dad, you beat the raccoon without killing him. I think that I would have shot him.