Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hornets and Sky Lights




This morning we thought we had our day all planned out...I was going to clean house, Jerry was going to paint inside the pole barn. But before we got started Jerry decided to knock down some hornet nests. Well, there were more than we thought and it became a major job! He had to get the extension ladder out and go clear up to the peak on the east side of the house. I didn't get pictures because I couldn't leave him alone so high up and hornets flying all around! He has good hornet spray, thank goodness. Then we went to the back of the house and again set up the extension ladder. He knocked down atleast ten hornet nests and only ended up with two stings on his stomach. I made a baking soda paste to put on them. Then he suggested I get out the Windex since he was so close to the sky lights. I didn't hesitate! The sky lights don't get washed very often so I wasn't about to protest. #1 is our bedroom skylight, #2 & 3 are the sunroom skylights. Only the very highest one over the loft he didn't do. Thank you, Lord, for keeping Your protective Hand upon Jerry. I love You, Lord.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Oh my goodness...I am happy Jerry isn't allergic to those hornets!! I would love a whole picture of your home. I keep trying to picture it...it looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

We are also thankful that these bee's were not Killer Bee's