Saturday, August 25, 2007

Stormy Weather!


The last day of senior camp during our Hawaiian dinner we were told of a tornado that had been spotted near by. The safest place to go was to the basement of a log church near the dining hall. So that's where most of us headed. First photo I recognize Myrna visiting with friends. In the second picture I see Marilyn, Judy, Bob, & Joan. You can see everyone didn't dress Hawaiian!

Here are Penn & Jerry waiting out the storm. It's a good time shoot the breeze and to catch up on the latest news! I guess those were as bright a shirt as either one owns!
The room was full and most of the folks I don't even recognize. I think these people were campers who were told to leave their campsites and go to the shelter.

Some folks were still eating their supper when the alert came so they just picked up their plates and resumed eating in the shelter! This is Keith & Elaine. I wanted to meet them because I had met Keith's sister in Saskatchewan and had nice visits with her at the camp there. I told her I had gotten to know her better than I knew Keith even though he is in the same conference I'm in! Anyway, Keith and Elaine and I had a nice visit in the dining hall and then continued it in the shelter waiting out the storm! Richard is sitting next to Keith. Jerry happened to remember that Richard & Marilyn and Bob & Emmy were outside their trailers when we went by and probably didn't know about the coming storm so Joan called on her cell phone, thankfully Richard answered his. So they joined us in the shelter. Actually the camp staff is good about going to campers and warning them of bad weather so they would have been told but not as soon as a phone call on a cell! What would we do without our cell phones?! How did we ever get along without them?!

This disguised person is actually Carol who had been wearing a grass skirt at the Hawaiian dinner! She didn't want to wear it in the shelter...I don't know where she came up with this outfit! She has a great sense of humor!

Well, we were all safe. There was a tornado that hit down near Covenant Hills, a little south of us. A lot of damage was done in some places so we were fortunate. I don't think anyone was injured or killed.

After the storm and the excitement Jerry and I drove home and didn't experience any more bad weather.
Thank You, Lord. I praise You because You are Power and Peace. Thank You for keeping us safe in the storm, giving us a good week of Christian fellowship, and a safe trip home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you two went to senior camp, because you missed camp meeting. Sound like you had a good time.

Kate said...

I was wondering if the tornado came close to you!! Glad you were safe and sound.