Wednesday, February 07, 2007

This younger generation!

Our schools here didn't close due to the cold weather as most of the other schools in our area did. In a way I understand because the schools are heated, there was no threat to the bus routes, etc. The only bad part was for kids standing outside waiting for the bus to arrive. In most cases parents drive the kids and wait for the bus. There have been complaints about our schools not closing. Here's one I can not believe and just have to write about!!! A young mother came on the news last evening complaining and here is what she said: "What do they want from us? Do they want our kids to wear these?" She held up a pair of snow pants by the straps! I exploded! "Of course your son should wear those! What is wrong with you, Lady?" Of course, no one could hear me except Jerry. But in my opinion she was absolutely ridiculous. Oh, this younger generation!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you it is an outrage how these parents dress there kids. Driving a bus I see it all, so it really does not surprise me. I had one girl get on the other day with short sleaves and sandle type shoes, no coat.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like this lady is to far north, she needs to move south.

Anonymous said...

Tim...The lady you are referring to would not be happy no matter where she lived. If she moved south she would be complaining about hurricane's and humidity. If she moved east she would be complaining about New York subways and downtown New York traffic. If she moved west she would be complaining about L.A. smog and L.A. freeways. Sounds like she need to move to another planet.

Anonymous said...

Snow pants are an Alaskan requirement…don’t leave home without them…The kids here are required to go out side and play until it gets colder then -10, yes that is minus ten! We haven’t had a snow day since being here but we did have a Volcano day last year when Mt. Augustine was erupting.

Anonymous said...

I have heard of snow days because of to much snow.
I have heard of windchill days because of the cold winds,
But I have never heard of volcano days. That's a new one.