Thursday, February 22, 2007

Respect #2

Well, I guess I need to go a little further with my blogging about respect. Sometimes when a person writes, it's clear to the author what is being said but not to the reader! So, by the response I've gotten I need to clarify what I meant to say. When I said I cringe when I see someone come to church to worship God dressed like they've been working out in the yard, I'm talking about members or regular attenders, not someone off the street! We welcome everyone and are known as a very friendly church. This last Sunday we celebrated with a man who is celebrating two years of sobriety. But here's what I'm talking about: we had a family who were members and leaders in our church, their young son came every week dressed in play clothes, jeans and a tee shirt. But one Sunday he came all dressed up, slacks, white shirt, and necktie! I told him how nice he looked all dressed up. He scowled and said, "Yeah, my dad has to take a colleague out for dinner and the whole family has to go." This is what I'm talking about! We dress up for work or to make an impression on someone in business but we dress down to worship God! I don't get it.
"I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever." Psalm 145:1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RIGHT ON, ANITA!