Saturday, February 17, 2007

Dinner for Eight!

We have just come home from a dinner for eight. Maybe I should explain what this is. People signed up for a dinner and then were assigned to a certain home. Four couples to a home to make up eight. Each couple was assigned a part of the dinner. The hostess made main course, which was pork loin and apples. It was very good! I took salad and dinner rolls. I made the cauliflower and broccoli salad that I learned from my daughters and daughters-in-law and my clover-leaf rolls that our kids love. Doreen, the vegetables and Dee brought peach and lemon pies. We had a really nice time. We knew Dee and Tim but we didn't really know the other two couples so it was nice to get to know them a little bit. There were five other dinners going on at the same time. We didn't know whose house we were at until we drove up and saw the man out shoveling the walk! They all want the recipe for my salad! That was a good sign! So we now have some new friends and that's what makes the world go round!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mouth starts to water just by reading the words clover-leaf rolls.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim - the rolls are good in warm or cold weather!

Mom - who else attended besides you and the Costens? All different ages?

Congrats on the salad turning out so well!