Monday, February 26, 2007

Snow Day


Jerry has finished shoveling the steps and has just started shoveling the sidewalk in this picture. I'm sure he'll plow the driveway soon. We have a snow day...no school! I used to love snow days when our kids were young. They loved them too! We'd almost always go outside to shovel, go sledding (we lived on a hill), and just have fun. I remember one time I was at the bottom of the hill making a snow angel. We had a neighbor, Jack, who had a Michigan loader. Our kids called him Grandpa Jack and his wife was Grandma Jack! Jack would go up and down our road plowing folks out just for the love of doing it. He came up our driveway with his scoop full of snow, saw me making an angel, and drove over to dump the snow on top of me! I never moved so fast in my whole life! I can still see him laughing at me! Ah...sweet memories!

No comments: